Ayers Rock (Uluru), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Mt Conner.
Rising from the desert sands, this massive creation from the dawn of time will overwhelm you. The richness of
colour changing by the hour, the powerful presence of the Aboriginal Tjukurpa (dreaming) and the enormity of this symbol of the Australian Outback. Traverse the Walpa Gorge at Kata Tjuta (Olgas), a tumbled mass of protruding
rock domes. Nothing will prepare you for your first close up of Uluru (Ayers Rock); its ancient mystery, its spirit and its wonder. Visit this monolith of Uluru...... and stand in awe!
• Head out South Road and on to the Stuart Highway passing the West MacDonnell Ranges
• Take a break at Jim's Place, Stuart's Well - a typical outback roadside stop - there's time for breakfast, light or cooked (own expense)
• Cross remote endless plains and experience the vast openness of Outback Australia
• Erldunda and Mt Ebenezer
• Stunning sand ridges clad with desert oaks
• Enjoy a complimentary morning tea/breakfast
• Take in the superb views of Mt Conner mesa
• Look for massive road trains
• Yulara - a modern desert tourist resort town
• Experience the presence of Uluru - the massive stone heart of Australia
• Learn of Aboriginal Tjukurpa and rock art on the Mala Walk
• Take a complete circuit tour around the base of Uluru learning of the geology and legends of the rock
• Take a guided walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole and see Aboriginal rock art
• Learn of the law, legends and bush tucker of the Anangu people
• Visit the Uluru and Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal culture and art
• Uluru base - see it, touch it perhaps even climb it#
• Visit Kata Tjuta - walking trails lead to cool valleys and secluded waterholes
• Witness an Uluru sunset while sipping sparkling wine or juice followed by a sunset buffet consisting of cold meats, garden salad and bread
• Return to Alice Springs stopping for a snack stop (own expense) and enjoy an on-board Australian movie.
Gray Line Sightseeing Day Tours
If you want to see some of the best destinations Australia has to offer, Gray Line Sightseeing day tours can take you there. Gray Line is one of the biggest day tour providers in Australia with coach tours departing from and showcasing destinations like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Adelaide. Grey Line can also take you to explore the beautiful destinations surrounding the capital cities like The Great Ocean Road, Blue Mountains, Phillip Island, Kangaroo Island, Rottnest Island, The Gold Coast and even as far north as Cairns, the Daintree Rainforest and Kakadu. The red centre is also a hit with Ayers Rock and Alice spring tours on their list of amazing and inspiring sightseeing day tours. With almost all tours offering door to door pickup services Grey Line make touring your must see destinations a breeze and the service and comfort offered make for an experience you will never forget. We look forward to welcoming you aboard one of our fleet of 85 vehicles throughout Australia and hope we can be a part of making your Australian holiday that little bit more special.
# The Uluru climb may be closed at anytime due to Aboriginal cultural requirements or extreme weather conditions.
Shop 7-9 Capricornia Centre (opposite Alice Springs Information Centre) or hotel pickups available
06:30 AM Daily
National Park Entry Fee included
How To Get There:
Morning tea, lunch, National Park entry fee, sunset buffet dinner with wine, and guided walks at Mala and Mutitjulu Waterhole
Hats, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks. All walking and climbs are subject to weather conditions.
Child Policy Info:
Children aged between 4 - 14 years inclusive receive 50% discount off Adult fare unless otherwise stated.
- Adult fares apply to persons 15 years and over.
- Children 4 years and under are free if not occupying a seat (ie, must sit in parent's/carer's lap). If a seat is required, child fare applies.