Kakadu National Park.
It is the tapestry of great ecosystems that creates the beauty of Kakadu. Sandstone escarpments shaped by an
incomprehensible time span; monsoon forests and flood plains; great rivers journey serpentine to the sea;
stunningly beautiful billabongs and lagoons are richly clad in a profusion of colour by glorious water lilies and edged by pandanas and paper bark trees; birds of every size, every hue and every song; fearsome crocodiles on the mudslides of billabongs; Aboriginal artwork painted on rock cave walls. This place is creation in its wonderful diversity... This place is Kakadu.
• Skirt Francis Bay on Darwin Harbour and head out on Tiger Brennan Drive
• Look for massive roadtrains
• Head east on the Arnhem Highway passing through Humpty Doo
• Traditional 'Welcome to Country' from the local Limilngan-Wulna Aboriginal people
• Cross the Marrakai Wetlands and over the Adelaide River - home to native birdlife and crocodiles
• Top end outback bush - eucalypts, palms and termite mounds
• Kakadu National Park on the South Alligator River - a vast pristine wetland and bushland habitat with significant Aboriginal culture
• Partake in traditional Aboriginal activities - weaving and didgeridoo playing
• Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch with cold meats, salad and fruit
• Take a guided cruise on Yellow Water Billabong
• Look for crocodiles, brolgas, magpie geese and kytes
• Take in the serenity and beauty that nature offers in the Kakadu wetlands
• Short guided walk to Nourlangie Rock and see ancient Aboriginal rock art
Gray Line Sightseeing Day Tours
If you want to see some of the best destinations Australia has to offer, Gray Line Sightseeing day tours can take you there. Gray Line is one of the biggest day tour providers in Australia with coach tours departing from and showcasing destinations like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Adelaide. Grey Line can also take you to explore the beautiful destinations surrounding the capital cities like The Great Ocean Road, Blue Mountains, Phillip Island, Kangaroo Island, Rottnest Island, The Gold Coast and even as far north as Cairns, the Daintree Rainforest and Kakadu. The red centre is also a hit with Ayers Rock and Alice spring tours on their list of amazing and inspiring sightseeing day tours. With almost all tours offering door to door pickup services Grey Line make touring your must see destinations a breeze and the service and comfort offered make for an experience you will never forget. We look forward to welcoming you aboard one of our fleet of 85 vehicles throughout Australia and hope we can be a part of making your Australian holiday that little bit more special.
Hats, sunscreen, insect repellant, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks. Our itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions.
Hotel pick-ups available
06:30 AM Daily
Includes Kakadu National Park Entry Fee
How To Get There:
Yellow Water Billabong cruise, Pudakul Cultural Experience tropical buffet lunch, guided walks and park fees
Hats, sunscreen, insect reppelant, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
Child Policy Info:
Children aged between 4 - 14 years inclusive receive 50% discount off Adult fare unless otherwise stated.
- Adult fares apply to persons 15 years and over.
- Children 4 years and under are free if not occupying a seat (ie, must sit in parent's/carer's lap). If a seat is required, child fare applies.