The Penguin Parade with Skybox (324)
So completely Australian - unique in the world. Every evening at dusk the Little Penguins come home from the sea at Phillip Island. From the waves - across the beach - to the sand dunes - the Little Penguins can almost be touched as they waddle to their burrows. Sunset at Summerland Beach has drawn millions of visitors to Phillip Island. It is the nightly ritual of these little flightless birds which will enthrall you as you observe from the beach and the elevated boardwalk. Koalas - totally Australian - peering down from the gum trees where they live. Fat and furry, wet noses and a gentle smile of contented living on Phillip Island. Seals near the sea, basking in the late sunlight on halftide rocks compliment this island, rich in wildlife which makes Phillip Island a very special place.
• Panoramic views of French Island and Western Port
• San Remo - maritime fishing village
• Look for bird life at the island wetlands (seasonal)
• Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
• Opportunity to meet wallabies/kangaroos
• Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, Shearwaters and Little Penguins
• Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from tree top boardwalks
• A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season)
• The Nobbies - a rugged rocky outcrop
• Witness the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach from the exclusive Penguins Plus premium viewing area for the best views of the Penguins (souvenir gift and drink included)
• See penguin rookeries from an elevated boardwalk
• Inspect the Visitor's Information Centre - an opportunity to learn about life of the Little Penguin as you walk through the "Penguin Experience"
Gray Line Sightseeing Day Tours
If you want to see some of the best destinations Australia has to offer, Gray Line Sightseeing day tours can take you there. Gray Line is one of the biggest day tour providers in Australia with coach tours departing from and showcasing destinations like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Adelaide. Grey Line can also take you to explore the beautiful destinations surrounding the capital cities like The Great Ocean Road, Blue Mountains, Phillip Island, Kangaroo Island, Rottnest Island, The Gold Coast and even as far north as Cairns, the Daintree Rainforest and Kakadu. The red centre is also a hit with Ayers Rock and Alice spring tours on their list of amazing and inspiring sightseeing day tours. With almost all tours offering door to door pickup services Grey Line make touring your must see destinations a breeze and the service and comfort offered make for an experience you will never forget. We look forward to welcoming you aboard one of our fleet of 85 vehicles throughout Australia and hope we can be a part of making your Australian holiday that little bit more special.
Federation Square East (cnr Flinders & Russell Streets). Hotel pickups available
1:15 PM Daily
How To Get There:
Entrance to Churchill Island Heritage Farm, hand feeding baby animals, meeting Wallabies, Koala Conservation Centre, admission to Penguin Parade including Skybox viewing tower and Penguins Plus premium viewing area with Souvenir gift and gourmet light refreshments & drink, free Wi-Fi on the coach.
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as nights can be cold on the island in any season. The Penguin Parade is a natural phenomenon taking place in the open outdoors.
Child Policy Info:
Children Fares are not applicable on this tour.
Other Tours by Gray Line Sightseeing Day Tours